Automobile Policies Are Designed To:
- Protect others and their property.
- Protect you and your property.
- Protect your vehicle.
- Did you know this about car rentals? When you rent a car while on vacation, most insurance policies will automatically cover your rental, where you would not need to purchase insurance through the rental company. Check with your insurance representative.
- Did you know this about your special toys? Your antique vehicles may be covered seperately under a special policy.
- Limits of liability that are too low, will expose you to catastrophic risk.
- Uninsured motorist coverage that matches your bodily injury coverage should be considered. Even though the responsibility falls on the shoulders of the other driver, most times their coverage is too low. Since you purchase high limits for others, why not give yourself the same protection?
While the most common auto coverages are summarized on this page, a licensed agent can help you tailor the most cost effective policy consistent with the protection you need.
When obtaining quotes with a new company, make sure you are matching the coverages to what you currently have. There is no sense in comparing prices when coverages are completely different.
You also may be shocked to find how some coverages are relatively cheap to increase to a higher limit. High deductibles also don't always mean a huge savings, make sure you are checking pricing of different deductibles to give you a better idea of what you should choose.